Here are links to two organisations which take leading roles to promote safety within the cycling community:
CYCLING PROMOTION FUND
This national body is headquartered in Canberra and does great work Federal level.
It also has grassroots activities with clubs, retailers and schools to help promote safe cycling.
Our key objective is to increase the level of safe cycling in Australia
We achieve this by
- Lifting the profile of cycling as a great activity for everyone
- Be a leading advocate for and source of information and advice on cycling.
- Gain increased Government investment for cycling.
- Make it easier for people to choose to cycle.
- Promote and encourage initatives which achieve measurable increases in cycling.
- Recognising, reward and encourage innovation and achievements and promote best practice
- Increase membership
Expert Advisory Committee
The Cycling Promotion Fund has established an Expert Advisory Committee to provide expert advice and act as a resource to the CPF committee and staff on developing policies and Government submissions, undertaking research and implementing strategies to achieve our vision.
AMY GILLET FOUNDATION
Inspired by the life of Amy Gillett, the foundation was formed to reduce the incidence of death and injury caused by the interaction between cyclists and motorists.
The Foundation created the “A Metre Matters” cyclist awareness campaign, has strong Government support and runs many other industry leading cycling safety programmes.
There are without doubt many other organizations, both private and government, working hard to promote safe cycling.
If you feel there’s one which should be on our site mail us the details!